The elevator went out of service today and may be out of service for a 'few' days. It appears as if the pump/motor unit in the hydraulic tank is locked up and one or both need to be replaced. This is the preliminary diagnosis.
fyi, your board had a meeting last week with Delaware Elevator to review the updated quote for what we've called Phase II scheduled for late 2017. We wanted to better understand the quote and to determine if any of the listed items could be delayed so we can work on next year's budget at our September BOD meeting. The pump/motor assembly was an item that was identified as 'could be delayed'. So much for planning.........things happen. At least we made it through the 4th and our service contract with Delaware Elevator covers the labor.
When I know more, I'll pass it along, but it looks like we'll be down for a 'few' days. If you're planning to come to the condo, depend on the elevator, and need an update, ok to call me.
Jim Cell: 443-280-1002